About this opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with Nigel Grant Motor Engineers. They need an apprentice mechanic to join their team in their busy workshop in Swinton.
A normal day would include:
• Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
• Learning how to use the tools and equipment used in vehicle maintenance and repair
• Learning safe working procedures in the workshop
• Assisting other technicians with their work whilst receiving on the job training
• Learning how to service a vehicle and safely remove and replace engine, chassis, electrical and transmission components
• You will go on to learn simple and complex fault diagnosis and repairs on engine, chassis, transmission and electrical systems
Nigel Grant Motor Engineers was established in 1988 and have a strong customer base with many customers still supporting them after 28 years.
What you could go on to do
You could go on to progress to become an MOT Tester with the company after completing the apprenticeship.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
Ideally grades C (or 4) and above in GCSE maths and English but this isn’t essential
Willing attitude to work and learn
To have a keen and genuine interest in the automotive trade
Good knowledge and understanding of light vehicle maintenance and repair
5 questions that people like you ask about this role
|Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprentice Technician|
|Light Vehicle Traineeship|
|Light Vehicle Maintenance Traineeship|