About this opportunity
Bloom Day Nursery are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic apprentice to join their thriving team. You will be working alongside qualified members of staff in a lively and friendly setting.
A normal day would include:
• Being committed to the provision of high quality holistic care of children
• Being involved in planning on a short/long term basis to enhance the provisions and development of children
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with parents/children
• Using skills of observation to assess child development and complete/maintain records
• Attending training and complete tasks, assignments and assessments on time
• Contributing to team discussions and input ideas
• Adhering to statutory early years legislation at all times
• Communicating effectively with colleagues and building positive relationships with the children
• Following the safeguarding policy and procedures of the setting, ensuring the welfare and safety of the children is maintained and promoted at all times, reporting any concerns to the appropriate senior member of staff as stated in the policy
• Being flexible within working practices, being prepared to help where needed.
Bloom Day Nursery aims to provide a safe and secure environment where parents feel welcome and have peace of mind that their child will be looked after by nurturing carers.
The nursery may require the successful candidate to complete a Traineeship before starting the Apprenticeship.
What you could go on to do:
You can progress onto an advanced level 3 apprenticeship in childcare.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
GCSE maths and English A-C/4-9 or equivalent is preferred
Caring nature, with a passion for working with children
Enthusiastic and motivated
Accuracy in recording information
Good communication skills both verbal and written
Good time management