As you may know, the government is going to introduce The Apprenticeship Levy from April 2017 in order to create and fund 3 million Apprenticeship jobs by 2020. Employers with an annual payroll of £3m or more will pay a levy equal to 0.5% of that payroll bill each year.
If you do not pay the levy (i.e. you have a payroll of less than £3m), the government have introduced a new ruling from 1st April 2017 which will mean your business will have to contribute 10% of the full value of Apprenticeship funding for each apprentice you train. This could be as much as £2,700.
If you act now and take on an apprentice before April 2017, the apprentice's training will be funded, which, in many cases (for example if they are 16-18), means that you won’t have to pay anything towards the training. The Skills Company can help you avoid these additional costs as long as your apprentices start their learning programme before the end of March 2017.
The Skills Company can offer your business:
- One stop shop - We can help recruit and train across a wide range of roles and skills
- First class training - We deliver quality assured first class training
- Extensive talent pool - As the biggest Apprenticeship and Traineeship provider in Greater Manchester, we give you access to the best candidates in the region
- Account managed service - A dedicated Account Manager will ensure you receive consistent quality of service for all your Apprenticeship, Traineeship and staff training requirements
- Flexible delivery - We deliver our training in the workplace and in various training centres and partner locations across the region, with recruitment and start dates all year round
Sectors we cover:
- Technical trades including Construction, Engineering Manufacturing and Automotive
- Business and Professional including Marketing, Admin, Accounting, HR and Financial Services
- Hairdressing & Barbering
- Care including Health and Social Care, Childcare and Teaching and Learning
If you would like to take on an apprentice, contact us on 0161 233 2656 or email: email@example.com and if you're looking for bespoke advice on how the Levy will impact your organisation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of Levy experts today: