1. Keep it short - no more than two pages of A4.
2. Choose a clear layout and font.
3. Include a personal statement, that shows why you are suitable for the position.
4. Tailor it - make sure you adapt your CV to meet the requirements of the job.
5. Keep it current - update your CV regularly.
6. Don't leave gaps - explain any gaps in your education and training in a positive way (e.g. volunteering).
7. Make the most of your hobbies. Look for any skills or experience which might be relevant for the job.
8. Tell the truth!
9. Give examples - say what skills you have, how you've used them and what the outcome was.
10. Check and check again! Use spell check and get someone else to check for errors too.