Just left school or aged 16 to 18? Want a job or Apprenticeship but need to get some work experience? If so, then a Traineeship with The Skills Company is for you.
A Traineeship lasts from six weeks to six months and involves a combination of work preparation training and a work experience placement.
This option is perfect if you want to improve your confidence and skills or want to try out a particular industry or job role before committing to a full Apprenticeship. We also provide support with English and Maths if you need it.
We have eight Training Centres across Greater Manchester where you go for the training element of your Traineeship including:
- St Helens
The benefits of doing a Traineeship are:
- 93% of our Trainees immediately progress to an Apprenticeship or job
- You will receive a weekly training allowance of up to £40 per week
- You may also be eligible for a bursary or additional money to cover food and travel costs
- You will get help and advice on CV writing and interview skills
- You get a guaranteed job interview at the end of your Traineeship
We offer Traineeships in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Hairdressing and Barbering
- Health and Social Care
Just fill in our application form, telling us what sort of Traineeship you are interested in, and we will contact you.