This course is for individuals who have a job role which brings them into contact with students but who are not necessarily in a teaching role e.g. teaching assistants in primary and secondary schools, support workers in further education colleges and assessors and advisers
5:30pm - 8:30pm
This Foundation degree is suitable for people from a wide variety of educational settings from primary to FE, third sector and private providers. The Foundation degree in Education is awarded by Staffordshire University. This degree gives people who work or who would like to work in a non-teaching role the opportunity to complete a Foundation degree.
This course will give you a deeper understanding of:
- up to date developments in the education sector;
- how to apply key theories and principles of education to your professional practice to meet the specific needs of your employer and your own personal development;
- wider professional and academic skills development to help secure your current employment and broaden your future career options.
The course therefore has the following overall aims, which focus on developing your career aspirations and opportunities to:
- become a ‘discipline expert’ in education;
- develop your professionalism;
- develop your wider professional practice;
- develop your independent thinking skills.
Each module relies on work-based reflection and development, targeting personal and professional improvement throughout in order to help you to reflect and act on your career aspirations. As a Foundation degree programme, you will have the opportunity to progress onto the BA Top-up course.
Discussed on an individual basis but must demonstrate a good level of English and Maths, preferably will have already achieved a Level 3 qualification and either have access to work experience in an education role or are currently in this position.
This programme covers:
- Personal and Professional Development
- Learning and Development
- Behaviour for Learning
- Supporting Learning and Inclusion
- Professionalism and Career Development
- Developing Educational Practice within the Inclusive Organisation
- Learning and the Inclusive Curriculum
- Action Research