This practical, accessible and user-friendly qualification has been created to help caterers comply with EU legislation and provides a thorough understanding of how HACCP-based procedures can be applied in a catering context
For available dates, click on the 'Book' button. If the dates shown are not suitable, contact us on 0161 359 3405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who needs this qualification?
Business owners, managers and supervisors of small and medium-sized catering and hospitality businesses.
Why is this training important?
EU legislation requires that all businesses producing food have a documented food safety management system in place, based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles.
Although effective in theory, HACCP has been particularly difficult to establish in catering businesses because of the sheer number and variety of processes involved in preparing and serving food. The Level 3 Award in Implementing Food Safety Management Procedures aims to rectify this challenge.
Successful candidates will gain exemption from attending part of the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in catering qualification.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of HACCP and food safety management tools and their relevance to a catering food safety system
- Understand the controls needed to protect the safety of food
- Understand how tools such as Safer Food Better Business can assist caterers to comply with the new regulations
- Ability to implement a food safety management system based on HACCP principles
This course is an Ofqual regulated qualification.
This workshop covers:
- Principles of HACCP
- Food safety management tools
- Implement a food safety management system based on HACCP principles