Achieve a nationally recognised management qualification through our short course programme.
For available dates, click on the 'Book' button. If the dates shown are not suitable, contact us on 0161 359 3405 or email email@example.com
Gain a recognised leadership and management qualification and improve your skills and confidence as a team leader.
The programme gives an in-depth introduction to the role and responsibilities of a team leader. It also supports new and aspiring team leaders by helping them make the transition from working in a team to managing a team.
Learn how to motivate your team to drive performance and achieve their targets. Understand how to work and build on individuals' strengths. Develop coaching skills to support your team and recognise how people learn. Be able to deal with difficult situations, manage conflict and deal with under performance effectively. Know how to set clear expectations and deliver constructive feedback.
This programme covers:
Day 1: Building Stronger Teams to Maximise Results - This part of the programme aims to develop an understanding of the organisational goals of the team and how to motivate team members to achieve them.
- Understanding the organisation’s requirements in relation to team performance
- Aligning your team’s goals to achieve organisational targets
- Know what makes teams effective.
- Understanding the reasons for under performance and techniques or managing it
- Effectively manage conflict with individuals and the team
- Work to and build on individuals’ strengths
- Techniques to recognise achievement and motivate others to improve performance
Day 2: Practical Leadership - This part of the programme aims to develop an understanding of the key elements to effective team integration from induction and coaching for new staff and also support existing team members to improve performance.
- The role and the characteristics of the team leader in developing others
- The key elements to effective team integration and support systems
- Establishing clear foundations and expectations for individuals
- Understand how people learn
- Training and coaching techniques to enable the team members’ to fulfil their potential
- Techniques for delivering constructive feedback to motivate others and promote positive attitudes.
Successful learners will be able to progress to the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management Skills.