11th January 2016 – 7th April 2016
Work Placement in weeks 9-13 (subject to DBS clearance)
9.30am - 4.00pm
The course provides an introduction to the range of provisions and services available in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. You will study about the different roles played by workers in care – from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others effectively. You will also learn about more specialised areas in care such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
- Aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these jobs before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- Allow learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- Provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills required in care such as communication
- Support progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
- Provide learners with the opportunity to progress to employment in a range of job roles in the care sectors
Many of our Level 1 learners go on to traineeships or into full time apprenticeship vacancies upon completion of the course. You must be able to provide evidence for a DBS clearance at the start of the course (passport, driving licence, bank statement etc.). Learners will receive £30 per week for full attendance and may also be eligible for further bursaries.