This course is for business professionals looking to develop a social media strategy.
9:30am - 4:30pm
Do you run your own business? Do you want to use social media as part of your job? Do you wonder what all the fuss is about? Are you scared of being left behind or just don't know where to begin?
This workshop comprises of two stand alone modules. Module 1 consists of a review of general marketing concepts and their relevance to social media whilst module 2 looks in more detail at three specific social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You’ll leave this workshop with a range of tools and techniques that will help you create and develop your social media presence no matter how small or niche your business.
In module 1, you’ll discover how to:
- Develop a successful social media strategy for your business
- Research your target market and the competition
- Integrate social media into your current marketing plan
- Measure your social media activity
- Set up accounts and create compelling content
- Q&A and discussion
In module 2, we take a closer look at three social media platforms. This module is suitable for complete beginners - the workshop explains how to set up accounts, build a community and promote your business.
- Twitter – do you tweet, and if you do, how to use Twitter more effectively to market your business.
- Facebook – how to market your business on Facebook including some basic principles of Facebook advertising.
- Using paid advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Instagram – how Instagram is like Twitter with pictures. Why you should consider Instagram for your business. How to market on Instagram.
- A brief look at review sites and promoting your business via reviews.
- Staying on top - do I react or respond?
- Scheduling content.
- Reputation management: how to deal with negative comments.
- Q&A and discussion
To ensure the workshop is as hands on and interactive as possible please bring your fully charged laptop/netbook/tablet or smartphone and a charger just in case.
This workshop covers:
- Social media strategy
- Social media scheduling